Simple steps to reduce the amount of waste produced
- Bring your own bag when shopping
- Bring your own reusable coffee mug. Most shops in Princeton charge less for a cup of coffee if you bring your own mug.
- Keep a reusable water bottle with you.
- Pack your own lunch
- Switch to cloth napkins.
- Donate used clothing to local thrift shops. Here's a list of Princeton's best ones.
- Choose items made with less packaging.
Here are some simple steps to reuse items instead of throwing them away.
- Check out the used book section at the Princeton Public Library and local book stores.
- Check out the Princeton Freecycle network.
- Save wrapping paper after opening gifts and reuse.
- Reuse jars and containers like jelly & peanut butter jars.