Sustainable Princeton and the Princeton Environmental Commission are seeking nominations for the 2012 Sustainable Princeton Leadership Awards. The awards will be presented to Princeton’s best, brightest and greenest businesses, residents, teachers, school administrators, government employees, religious leaders and any others that are leading the way toward a sustainable Princeton.
Nominations are due by Friday December 21, 2012. To nominate an individual or organization, please email Andrea Malcolm, Sustainable Princeton’s Program Manager, with the following information:
- Name, email and address of nominee
- Name, email and address of person nominating
- Reason for the nomination
For the nomination reason, be sure to include how the nominee does one or more of the following:
- protects and improves the natural environment;
- conserves energy; uses energy more efficiently; and uses alternative energy sources;
- avoids the use of toxic substances;
- contributes to our community’s economic well-being, and,
- meets Princeton’s social needs fairly.
A list of previous Sustainable Princeton Leadership Award winners is provided in these previous posts: "2011 Leadership Awards" and "Leadership Awards Announced for 2010". And read more about 2011 Award Winner Charlie Yedlin in this U.S. 1 article.
The 2012 Sustainable Princeton Leadership Awards ceremony will take place on January 23rd at 7:00 p.m. at the Princeton Public Library. We hope everyone will mark this date on the calendar and help us celebrate the Leadership Award winners!