The Walk for Our World's Green Future (WOW) is a community-wide opportunity for those concerned about climate change and passionate about defending our environment to unite in support of these concerns by walking together through Princeton. WOW is intended to be a family-friendly event that embraces positive messaging and encourages proactive approaches to reducing our joint climate impact. WOW is being held on Saturday, April 29th, the same date as the People's Climate March in Washington D.C.
Schedule of Events:
9:30 a.m. - Arrive at D&R Greenway Land Trust Johnson Education Center One Preservation Place, Princeton, NJ.
10:00 a.m. - Walk departs.
10:30 a.m. - Walk passes One Monument Drive. Additional walkers can join procession.
11:00 a.m. - Rally at Hinds Plaza. Speakers include:
- Mayor Liz Lempert - Princeton
- Bernadette Woods-Placky - Chief Meteorologist, Climate Central
12:00 p.m. - Climate Change Primer - C-Change Conversations - Princeton Public Library Community Room
12:45 p.m. - Climate Concerned, but What Can I Do? - Sustainable Princeton - Princeton Public Library Community Room
Participants are encouraged to register, but registration is not required.
- All participants are encouraged to wear green
- Parking is available at the start of the walk is available at Johnson Park Elementary School and D&R Greenway Trust Johnson Education Center
- Please bring your own water bottle; filling stations will be available at D&R Greenway and in Hinds Plaza
- Signs with positive messages are welcomed and encouraged
- Restrooms will only be available at the walk’s start at D&R Greenway and in the Princeton Public Library, adjacent to the Hinds Plaza ceremony site
- Participants will be responsible for carpooling or figuring out the return to their vehicle after the walk
- The Princeton Free B bus stops at Elm Circle, which is just over ½ mile from the D&R Greenway campus; The shuttle schedule and map are available on the municipality’s website
- Participants not able to participate in the full two mile walk can park in the municipal lot located at One Monument Drive and can join in the procession when it passes at the estimated time of 10:30-10:45 a.m.
- Questions? Please read our FAQ's. If you have additional questions, we can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone at (609)924-4646