Sustainable Princeton, a non-profit committed to inspiring our community to develop and implement solutions that positively impact the environment, is seeking a Communications Associate. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and in partnership with the Program Director, this newly created position will be responsible for developing and writing content to promote Sustainable Princeton’s work and educate the community about our initiatives. The Communications Associate will create and execute digital and print communication strategies and will work to directly engage our community-wide audience.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing and implementing communication strategies in a professional setting. Part-time or full-time employment will be considered for this position depending upon the candidate's skills and experience and Sustainable Princeton's operational needs.
About Sustainable Princeton
Established as a non-profit in 2012, Sustainable Princeton’s aim is to make Princeton a model town that examines every action through the lens of sustainability, ensuring a healthy environment, a strong economy, and the well-being of all community members now and in the future. We work directly with residents, businesses, non-profits and the government to help carry out our mission. In 2018, Sustainable Princeton will be aggressively focusing on the development of a Climate Action Plan for Princeton. Working in close coordination with Princeton’s Mayor and other community leaders, we are striving to ensure that the Climate Action Plan has the greatest impact possible. To learn more about our work, please visit www.sustainableprinceton.org.
The Communications Associate reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following:
· In partnership with the Director and Program Director, formulate and deliver a communications strategy that identifies creative ways to share Sustainable Princeton’s mission and maintains quality and consistency across all communications,
· Assure that all communications align with Sustainable Princeton’s brand identity and values,
· Oversee the website - ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly. Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time,
· Oversee social media communications - ensure that new and noteworthy information (article links, stories and events) is promoted. Track, measure and grow the level of engagement within the platforms over time,
· Coordinate development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, promotional/marketing materials, brochures, annual report and monthly e-newsletters,
· Work with senior staff to engage the community in direct, small group discussions about climate change and the Climate Action Plan,
· In coordination with the staff team, help to support communication needs of the Climate Action Plan Steering Committee and various Task Forces,
· Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who are articulate, highly organized, tech savvy and thrive in a collaborative environment. Candidates should have:
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, sustainability, journalism, communications, marketing, English or relevant field,
· Two-to-three years’ experience in a communications role is preferred,
· Excellent writing skills and a command of grammar rules,
· Ability to develop relevant copy for multiple platforms (e.g., website vs. social media) and various stakeholder audiences,
· Strategic thinking abilities with impeccable project, time and relationship management skills,
· Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, also creative problem-solving skills,
· Ability to cultivate strong relationships with multiple stakeholders in all levels of leadership,
· Competency with information technology, including Microsoft Office, social media and websites,
· Integrity and good judgement,
· Experience working in Squarespace,
· A personal commitment to addressing climate change.
Salary will be based on determination of full or part-time employment and will be commensurate with the candidate's skills and experience. Sustainable Princeton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by January 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are pursuing full or part-time employment.