The impressive panel of experts in the transportation space shared knowledge and insight on how Princeton can move toward building a climate-friendly town. View the presentation slides and live recording on Facebook.Read More
Electric Vehicles (EVs) are becoming more mainstream. Learn what you need to know if you are considering an EV and what Princeton is doing to reduce "range anxiety" and spur the transition to greener transportation options.
Mark your calendars for our Fall line up of Great Ideas Events! Our popular conversations feature local experts on important sustainability issues that impact the Princeton community. We are thrilled to have NRG Energy, Inc. back as our series' sponsor. As always, we are thankful for our longtime Great Ideas partners at the Princeton Public Library.Read More
The Greater Mercer TMA (GMTMA) is sponsoring a children’s bookmark design contest to celebrate the NJ Walk & Bike to School Month, April 2015.
The contest coincides with the Walk and Bike to School Month and hopes to get students thinking about walking and biking to school. The winner will receive a $50 gift card and a walking /biking safety kit. Winning bookmarks will be printed and distributed to participating school libraries and promoted through the GMTMA website and other media outlets. Create an original design including the theme: “My favorite place to walk/ bike is...” and return it to GMTMA by March 20, 2015. A winning design from Mercer and Ocean will be printed & distributed to schools and local libraries in each county.
- Each entry must be the original work of one child. No copyrighted images (characters, logos, etc.) or computer designs. Design your bookmark in the space provided on THIS entry form and return the whole form intact.
- Must contain the phrase “My favorite place to walk/ bike is...” (Pick either walk, bike or both!)
- Designs may be either vertical or horizontal. Any 2D art medium may be used (crayon, markers, colored pencil) No 3D materials (glitter, glued items, etc.) Designs and words must be dark enough to be reproducible.
- Please do not put your name anywhere on the bookmark.
- Contest ends March 20, 2015, 4:30PM.
- Contest is open to students in grades 3-5 who live in or attend school in Mercer or Ocean County, NJ. Winner selected by GMTMA staff.
- Questions? 609.452.1491 or email@example.com. Return form to: Greater Mercer TMA, 15 Roszel Road Suite 101 Princeton, NJ 08540. You may be able to return form to school to mail in bulk.
- Winners will receive a $50 gift card and walking or biking safety kits. Runners up will also receive safety kits.
For more information, go to the GMTMA website.
Good luck Princeton students!
Hop on your bike and ride to Sustainable Princeton's Great Ideas Breakfast to learn about Princeton's Biking Rev-olution! Thursday, October 30th from 8:15 am to 9:30 am in the Princeton Public Library Community Room.
Princeton streets are an essential part of the livability of our community. They need to be safe and accessible for everyone, whether young or old, motorist or bicyclist, walker or wheelchair user, bus rider or shopkeeper.
But, is it really possible to design streets that work for everyone?
Mayor Lempert and the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee believe it is, which is why they have championed A Complete Streets policy for the town and put Sharrows on a number of our major roads.
Come hear the vision, see some cool bikes, taste lovely breakfast food and learn more about Princeton's Biking Revolution.
This zero waste breakfast is free and open to the public. Remember, if you bike, you are helping us achieve our goals of reducing energy from fossil fuels 20 percent by 2020!
Speakers include: Jerry Foster, Transportation Safety Educator for the Greater Mercer County Transportation Management Association, Mayor Liz Lempert and Sam Bunting, Princeton Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
We look forward to seeing you!