You May Qualify for Direct Install
Direct Install is a program offered by the New Jersey's Clean Energy Program. It offers a streamlined process to energy efficiency for owners of small to mid-sized buildings with a monthly peak demand of 200 kW or less. Direct Install will cover up to 70% of the project costs for qualified measures. There is a $125,000 cap on each project. To determine if you qualify for Direct Install, take the following steps:
- Contact the participating Direct Install contractor in your area. For Princeton, the contractor is Tri-State Lighting and Energy.
- The contractor will provide a free energy assessment of the building and will help complete the program application and participation agreement.
- The contractor will review the results of your building's energy assessment and explain what measures qualify for the program and your share of the cost.
- Sign a scope of work document that details the qualifying measures.
- Arrange with contractor to schedule and perform the work.
- Accept the work by signing a project completion form provided by the contractor.
- Pay the contractor your share of the project course and New Jersey's Clean Energy program will pay the rest.
- CONTACT TRI-STATE AT 610-789-1900 NJDIRECTINSTALL@TSLE.COM