- This event has passed.
A Princeton Cleanup
May 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020Free
Many of us are enjoying time spent outside, and one thing people have noticed is that there is a lot of litter in our town.
We’ve got a fun solution! All this summer, we are partnering with The Watershed Institute, along with the Princeton Environmental Commission, Friends of Princeton Open Space, Friends of Herrontown Woods, and the Friends of Rogers Refuge on a Princeton clean-up.
The next time you go outside or take your dog for a walk, grab gloves and a bag, and pick up trash. You can pick up litter during a walk around the neighborhood, in your backyard, in the street, in a nearby park or anywhere else you see trash on the ground.
When you participate, be sure to exercise social distancing and follow these guidelines:
- Do this activity alone or with your family or the people you are living with, not with friends or other groups
- Wear gloves and a mask
- Stay 6 feet apart – be sure to give people plenty of room to pass around you
- Exercise caution on trails where the paths can be narrow; step off as needed to ensure that the 6 feet distance is maintained
- Do not congregate in groups!
- Wearing brightly colored clothing if picking up litter along streets
- Dispose of gloves and trash properly and wash hands thoroughly with soap and water when finished
Take it to the next level and help us track what you find. Upload a list here, and consider including a photo and the place you cleaned up. If you post on social media, add the hashtags #njearthdaycleanup #princetonnjcleanup.
Other towns throughout the US (eg, in Massachusetts and New York) have been engaging in this type of activity and it is something that can be done safely by following the guidelines above. We hope you’ll join us in cleaning up our town!