- This event has passed.
Make A Pledge for Earth Day!
April 17, 2020 - April 22, 2020Free
Here’s the challenge: Pick a pledge from the following list or come up with your own. Write it on paper and display it in your window, paint it on old wood to display it in your yard, or use chalk to write it on your driveway. Share your pledge on social media using #EarthDayPledges or email them to us. Anything to encourage your neighbors and community to follow suit works!
- Simply illuminating! I’ll replace my bulbs with LED.
- Greener, cheaper, smarter. I’ll program my thermostat.
- I’ll pass on GAS. I’m researching electric vehicles.
- Doing my share for cleaner air. Even after the COVID crisis passes, I’ll bike to work.
- Plant a tree, air for free! I will make a plan to plant a new tree this summer.
- Create a buzzzz. I will research native flowers for pollinators.
- Say no to spam! I will cancel unwanted catalogs and mail.
- Dirt made my lunch. I will learn how to compost food waste in my backyard.
- Meatless Mondays are here. I will explore new vegetarian recipes now.
To learn more about each of these pledges, or to find a different one, visit the Take Action portion of our website. Every action counts. Let’s each do our part to reduce our footprint!