"Personal information" is information about a natural person that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. Personal information includes such things as an individual's name, address, e-mail address and phone number. A domain name or Internet Protocol (IP) address is not considered personal information.
Sustainable Princeton does not collect personal information about you online unless you voluntarily provide it to us, for example, by sending us email or completing certain online forms (such as the form to sign up for emailed news).
You will be able to browse the Sustainable Princeton website and read or download information provided on the site whether or not you provide us with any personal information.
Non-personal Information Collected and Stored Automatically
As you use the Sustainable Princeton website (e.g., read pages or download information), we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our web site;
- The type of browser and operating system you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Windows);
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you came to the Sustainable Princeton website by following a link from another website, the web address (URL) of that site.
By analyzing the non-personal information we collect, we aim to make our site more useful to visitors. For example, by identifying times of the week when there tend to be lots of visits, we can avoid doing maintenance that slows down the site during those times.
If You Send Us Personal Information
Sustainable Princeton considers any information including, but not limited to, first name, last name, phone number, street address, email address, or any other information that allows one to identify a user as an individual to be personal information.
You may choose to provide us with personal information. For example, you may send us an e-mail, or submit some personal details to us using a form on the Sustainable Princeton website.
Sustainable Princeton will use the personal information you provide to respond to you and to help us fulfill requests you make. For example, if you ask to be added to the Sustainable Princeton mailing list in order to receive news by email, we will store and use your name and email address so that we can send you relevant news.
If you wish us to remove you from mailing lists that you previously requested to join, simply contact us by mail or email to request removal.
Email and web forms are not totally secure. Personal information sent via the Internet can be intercepted. You may, therefore, wish to consider the advisability of sending messages that contain sensitive, personal information via email and web forms found on this site. We collect personal information in only one way, voluntary submission. This method of collection is left completely up to the user. If a user does not wish to submit personal information, Sustainable Princeton will not collect it. Personal information is collected by Sustainable Princeton to provide services such as our mailing list. Personal information is not in any way used for the purposes of advertising.
Sustainable Princeton does not share your personal information with other organizations unless required to do so by law. Sustainable Princeton does not plan on divulging information collected or information disclosed voluntarily, but may be required to do so pursuant to a request under the New Jersey Right to Know Law (N.J.S.A 47:1A-1., et. seq.), the common law right to know, other State or Federal law or pursuant to court order.
If you believe that your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, please contact us.
We at Sustainable Princeton are especially concerned about protecting children's privacy. Sustainable Princeton specifically requires children under the age of 18 to get their parents' permission before providing any personal information to us.
Public Access to Information
In the Municipality of Princeton, laws exist to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by the municipal government. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public’s right to access public records that serve various needs including the privacy of individuals. Exceptions are provided by both state and federal laws.
All the information collected at this site becomes public record that may be subject to inspection and copying by members of the public, unless an exemption in law exists.
- To enable you to log in to post articles on the site if you are an approved content contributor.
- To allow automatic collection of certain non-personal information about website visitors.
- To help you quickly fill out certain forms on this website, such as those used to post comments on articles.
You may choose to set your browser to not accept cookies at all. If you do this, you may be able to view the site and download information normally; however, you will not be able to log into the site and certain other aspects of your visit may be impaired.
Sustainable Princeton, the website developers, and the manager of this website have taken reasonable steps to safeguard the integrity of data and prevent unauthorized access to information maintained. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of personal information in our possession.
Commenting and publicly-contributed information
Several pages within the Sustainable Princeton website may allow users to submit, post, and display comments, messages and information (“Public Forums”). You acknowledge that Public Forums and features offered therein are for public and not private communications, and you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any submission to a Public Forum. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any of these media; you make such disclosures at your own risk. Viewers and contributors to the Public Forums should understand that this data does not necessarily reflect the view of Sustainable Princeton. Furthermore, Sustainable Princeton will not assume any responsibility for losses or damages resulting from a user’s submissions, posts, or messages appearing on this site.
By submitting, posting, or displaying any message, text, or other type of data, you authorize Sustainable Princeton and others, to use and display this information by any means currently available or any means available in the future.
Rules of conduct
The following Rules of Conduct apply to the Sustainable Princeton website. By using the Sustainable Princeton website, you agree that you will not distribute any submission that:
- (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or (d) otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- infringes or violates any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (c) any confidentiality obligation;
- is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
- contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the Sustainable Princeton website or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the Sustainable Princeton Website; or
- (a) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the relevant Public Forum; (b) violates any specific restrictions applicable to a Public Forum, including its age restrictions and procedures; or (c) is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive. We cannot and do not assure that other users are or will be complying
The Sustainable Princeton website and materials may contain hypertext or links to other Internet websites which are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed regularly by Sustainable Princeton. These links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you, the visitor. When you follow a link to one of these sites, you are no longer on the Sustainable Princeton website and this Privacy Notice will not apply.
Sustainable Princeton, its agencies, officers, employees and volunteers exercise no control over the organizations, views, accuracy, availability, copyright or trademark compliance or the legality of the material contained on sites to which the Sustainable Princeton site links, and do not sponsor, endorse, or approve the information, content, products, materials, opinions or services contained on such external sites. The visitor proceeds to these external sites at their own risk.
Sustainable Princeton, its web developers and content contributors/ editors (whether paid or volunteer) specifically disclaim any and all liability from damages which may result from:
- The accessing of the Sustainable Princeton website, or from reliance on any information or functionality provided on / via the Sustainable Princeton website;
- The provision of personal information to Sustainable Princeton via email, a website-based form or any other form of electronic communication;
- The accessing of any pages or sections or other content affiliated with or maintained by Sustainable Princeton or its volunteers on any third-party websites (such as Facebook and Twitter) or apps, or from reliance on any information or functionality provided via these sites and apps;
- The accessing of a third party website or app which is linked from the Sustainable Princeton website, or from reliance upon any such information or functionality provided by that third party.