PLEASE NOTE: Submissions are now closed for this position.
We seek a Communications and Outreach Manager who is organized and energetic, with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for addressing climate change. This newly created role will work with our highly capable, fast-paced team to support the fulfillment of our mission.
The Communications and Outreach Manager reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with internal team members and external project partners. This position is a full-time, in-office role. They are responsible for developing and executing communication and outreach strategies. The desired individual must possess a driven passion for sustainability and an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and experiences within an organizational culture that works to be free from prejudice and aggression. Previous nonprofit experience, particularly in sustainability, is a plus.
- Develop and implement long-term and program-based communications strategies.
- Develop and produce content to engage and educate audiences across Sustainable Princeton’s various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, and social media.
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels
- Manage Sustainable Princeton’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), ensuring tone, frequency, and messaging support Sustainable Princeton’s objectives.
- Coordinate with team members, volunteers, and external partners on programming and fundraising campaign production, media planning, production of collateral materials, etc.
- Coordinate with staff to identify, plan, develop, and manage inclusive opportunities/events to hear community voices that fully represent the demographics in the Princeton community.
- Serve as Sustainable Princeton’s primary press contact, including drafting and distributing press releases, responding to press inquiries, and proactively pitching stories.
- Ensure that all communications are factually correct, researched, and sourced by credible, evidence-based sources.
- Assist with managing the STAR Neighborhood program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
• Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a professional environment.
• Familiarity with the Princeton, NJ community is a plus.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
● Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), WordPress, and email marketing tools (MailChimp) are essential.
● Excellent communication abilities, writing skills, and a command of the grammar rules are required.
● Strong project management skills and experience.
● Proactive self-starter with integrity, a strong work ethic, and sound judgment are required.
● A positive attitude and commitment to work as a team player in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
● Competency in Spanish and or Mandarin is a plus.
- A personal commitment to addressing climate change.
- A personal commitment to environmental justice.
- Experience with data visualization is a plus.
This role will be expected to fulfill the defined job responsibilities on-site in the Princeton, NJ office. The schedule for this 40-hour-per-week role is between the standard office hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m, with participation in evening and weekend hours for special events.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience and range from $55,000-$60,000 for this full-time role. Sustainable Princeton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. A performance review will be conducted after a six-month trial in this position before a long-term employment commitment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by May 13, 2022, to email@example.com.