Land use planning provides more people access to affordable and convenient transit options. This strategy improves air quality and reduces greenhouse gas emissions and traffic congestion.
Transit-friendly growth creates vibrant neighborhoods where people can live, shop, work, and play without relying on automobiles.
What is transit-friendly growth?
What are the benefits of transit-friendly growth?
- Lower household transportation costs
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution
- Increased safety of pedestrians and bicyclists due to narrower streets and decreased speeds
- Reduced need for parking spaces
- Increased economic vitality for the community
What can you do?
Support local policies that promote transit-friendly growth.
Did you know?
- How walkable is your neighborhood? Get your community’s walkscore.
- Keep it safe. Dedicated bicycle lanes and other complete street strategies are safer for all.
- Driving matters. Transportation generates one-third of our community’s greenhouse gas emission. Learn more about this in the Princeton Climate Action Plan.