Program Manager – Full-time
The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with internal team members and external project partners. This position is a full-time, in-office role. They are responsible for developing and executing program and project activities to achieve Sustainable Princeton’s strategic goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the community’s built environment and transportation.
Sustainable Princeton is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from people of color and all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
- Develop and implement programs and projects that promote energy efficiency, renewable energy, and carbon-free transportation within the Municipality of Princeton.
- Engage with Princeton residents, commercial property owners, and managers, including single-family, multifamily, houses of faith, and commercial properties, about energy efficiency, renewable energy, and electric vehicle charging programs and incentives.
- Develop and provide program and project performance metrics and communicate progress to the community, funders, and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key community stakeholders.
- Assist the program team as a subject matter expert when needed.
- Support Princeton’s climate and energy goals and position Princeton to lead by example.
- Oversee the annual update to the Princeton community greenhouse gas emissions inventory.
- Assist with the development of grant proposals in areas of responsibility.
- Manage interns and future program team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject
- 5+ years of experience in energy efficiency, sustainability, or related field
- Familiarity with the Princeton community preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Understanding of high-performance building standards, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable transportation
- Knowledge of federal and state energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable transportation programs and incentives
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- A personal commitment to addressing climate change
- A personal commitment to environmental justice
- Strong program and project management skills and experience
- Proactive self-starter with integrity, a strong work ethic, and sound judgment are required
- A positive attitude and commitment to working as a team player in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Competency with information technology, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Competency in Spanish and or Mandarin is a plus.
This role will be expected to fulfill the defined job responsibilities on-site in the Princeton, NJ, office. The schedule for this 40-hour-per-week role is between the standard office hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., with participation in evening and weekend hours for special events.
The salary is commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience and will range from $55,000 to $60,000. Sustainable Princeton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time, a Simple IRA retirement plan with an employer match, a life insurance plan, and the option to participate in the health care plan. Sustainable Princeton has a bring-your-own-device policy and provides a technology stipend.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by March 27 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sustainable Princeton
Established as a non-profit in 2012, Sustainable Princeton’s vision is to make Princeton a model town that examines every action through the lens of sustainability, ensuring a healthy environment, a strong economy, and the well-being of all community members now and in the future. We work directly with residents, businesses, nonprofits, and the government to address three core goals: reducing greenhouse gas emissions, strengthening our community’s resilience to the changing climate, and protecting the local ecosystem. Sustainable Princeton coordinates efforts with dozens of community partners as it oversees the implementation of the 84 strategies articulated in the Princeton Climate Action Plan. Working in close coordination with the municipal government and other community leaders, staff strive to ensure that the Climate Action Plan has the greatest impact possible.
To learn more about Sustainable Princeton, please visit www.sustainableprinceton.org.