We are looking forward to bringing a new member to our team. To learn more, check out the full job description below.
Program Coordinator, Posted February 2021
Sustainable Princeton, a non-profit committed to inspiring our community to develop and implement solutions that positively impact the environment, is seeking a Program Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Program Director and in coordination with senior staff, this newly created position will be responsible for supporting the community’s sustainability initiatives through program support, research, education campaigns, and communication activities.
The ideal candidate will have a background in sustainability and experience in a professional setting. Compensation for this full-time role will be dependent upon the candidate’s skills and experience.
About Sustainable Princeton
Established as a non-profit in 2012, Sustainable Princeton’s vision is to make Princeton a model town that examines every action through the lens of sustainability, ensuring a healthy environment, a strong economy, and the well-being of all community members now and in the future. We work directly with residents, businesses, nonprofits and the government to address three core goals: reducing greenhouse gas emissions, strengthening our community’s resilience to the changing climate and protecting the local ecosystem. Sustainable Princeton coordinates efforts with dozens of community partners as it oversees the community’s implementation of the 84 strategies articulated in the Princeton Climate Action Plan. Working in close coordination with the municipal government and other community leaders, staff strive to ensure that the Climate Action Plan has the greatest impact possible. To learn more about Sustainable Princeton, please visit www.sustainableprinceton.org.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Director and is responsible for the following:
- Support administrative needs: Assist with program-related administrative duties such as scheduling of project meetings, team member coordination and other general follow-up calls and emails as required.
- Conduct data analysis: Track and analyze data from various sources to assess the viability of sustainability actions, run cost assessments, monitor metrics and guide community leaders in decision making.
- Research activity impact: In coordination with the Climate Action Plan Emissions Reduction Strategies (CAPERS) team, research and develop assessments of active and potential sustainability activities with the community partners.
- Build community relationships: Maintain positive, active relationships with diverse community partners, including public school educators, area nonprofits, municipal staff, business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Assist with municipal contract: Perform select municipal contract responsibilities, such as documenting actions for Sustainable Jersey certification and collecting data on relevant municipal activities, including waste collection and energy usage.
- Develop communication materials: Help with program communications activities such as writing content for the website or press releases, overseeing the development of program graphics and informational brochures.
- Support outreach events: Staff education outreach events and, as directed, assist with the development and implementation of select efforts.
- Oversee non-mandated recycling efforts: Manage logistics of Sustainable Princeton’s resource recovery efforts, including collection events for hard-to-recycle items and communications for on-going efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who are articulate, highly organized, responsible, tech-savvy and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, sustainability, communications, marketing, English or relevant field.
- Two-to-three years’ experience in a professional role is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills and a command of grammar rules. Competency in Spanish or Mandarin is a plus.
- Strategic thinking abilities with impeccable skills in project, time and relationship management.
- Excellent communication abilities and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels of leadership.
- Familiarity with the Princeton, NJ community is a plus.
- An openness to learn new systems and competency with basic information technology, such as Google Workspace, social media platforms and Zoom. GIS experience is a plus.
- Integrity, a strong work ethic and good judgment are required.
- A personal commitment to addressing climate change.
Sustainable Princeton staff are currently working from home 80% of the time and are rotating time in the office. Once the pandemic ends, the expectation is that this role will report to the Princeton, NJ based office and support local events, as needed. The Program Coordinator will be required to work the standard workday with flexibility allowed to staff evening and weekend responsibilities.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This is a two-year position with the possibility that a permanent role may be considered thereafter if funding allows. Sustainable Princeton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by March 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.